Georgia car accident lawyer discusses the 5 common myths concerning car accident claims.
I hear myths, old wives tales and fallacies about car accident cases and insurance companies all the time. The 5 myths are:
- You will get rich because you were injured in an accident because the court system is like winning the lottery. NOT TRUE. People who get a lot of money for their car accident case have the injuries to support the award.
- Because a family member, neighbor, friend or co-worker received X amount of money – you will receive the same settlement. NOT TRUE. Each and every case and injured person is different.
- You must give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company or it will deny your claim. NOT TRUE. You have no duty to give a recorded statement to the insurance company. Occasionally, we will allow our clients to give informal (non-recorded) statements to insurance adjusters, if we believe it is in the client’s best interest.
- If you are fair with the insurance company – the insurance company will treat you fairly. NOT TRUE. The insurance company’s only goal is to get the claim closed as quickly as possible without having to pay the insurance limit.
- If you get into an accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to money. NOT TRUE. You also have to prove that the accident, and not some other condition, caused your injury.
Georgia car accident law is complex. If you have any questions regarding your car accident claim, call our office at (762) 323-1460.
Tyler Moffitt is a Family Law and Criminal Defense Attorney who practices Carrollton, LaGrange, and Columbus, GA. He graduated from John Marshall Law School, and has been practicing for several years now. Tyler Moffitt takes great honor in defending the accused. Learn more about his experience by clicking here.