Georgia car accident lawyer explains the car accident claims process.
Every Georgia car accident case is different and brings its own set of challenges. As a general rule car accident cases have two components pre-suit or claims (settlements), and if the case doesn’t settle, litigation. In the claims or pre-suit process your car accident lawyer will take on the following activities to help resolve your case.
The Claims Process
- Interview the client
- Interview potential witnesses to the car accident
- Investigate the accident scene which includes taking photographs and/or video of the scene
- Take photos of the cars or trucks involved in the accident
- Identify all people or corporations that may be responsible for your injuries
- Notify all parties’ insurance companies and identify the amount of insurance coverage available
- Counsel the client regarding issues in the case including damage to the cars, injuries, work limitations, and medical treatment
- Hire expert witnesses if necessary
- Obtain all the client’s pre and post accident medical records
- Provide the necessary information to the other party’s insurance company in an attempt to resolve the claim
- Negotiate the best possible settlement with the other party’s insurance company
- Discuss all aspects of the settlement negotiations with the client and counsel the client as to the best possible course of action
- If the case is able to be settled, negotiate any outstanding health insurance liens and/or medical bills
- If the insurance company is not being fair with the client, counsel the client on the pros and cons of filing a lawsuit against the other party/ies
- Deliver the settlement money to the client, and if there are special circumstances, provide counsel to the client regarding settlement money options
Georgia car accident law is complex. If you have any questions about a car accident, call our Georgia car accident law office at (762) 323-1460
Tyler Moffitt is a Family Law and Criminal Defense Attorney who practices Carrollton, LaGrange, and Columbus, GA. He graduated from John Marshall Law School, and has been practicing for several years now. Tyler Moffitt takes great honor in defending the accused. Learn more about his experience by clicking here.