If the offender receives a conviction, they will have a requirement to register as a sex offender where they live. Furthermore, there is a high probability that the offender may lose their family and communal credibility. This renders them unable to find a place to stay and gain stable employment.
Innocent Until Proven Guilty
Even though you have a sex crime charge, you still can walk home with a discharge and an acquittal of all allegations. The law indicates that an accused remains innocent of a sexual offense until they are proven guilty. You can only remain innocent by retaining a diligent Carrollton, Ga. sex crime defense lawyer. An attorney can work by your side to protect your rights and advocate for you. One of the key elements of winning a sex crime allegation is a quick intervention by your Carrollton, Ga. sex crime defense lawyer. It is best to contact an attorney quickly to investigate the details around your allegation in order to defend you.
Tyler Moffitt is a Carrollton, Ga. criminal defense lawyer who has been representing clients with sexual assault and sexual harassment throughout Georgia. He is very strict on standing up for people’s rights in regard to sex crimes charges. He is also very thorough in his preparation of the right paperwork. Tyler has vast knowledge and tactics for your sex crime case. He is fully aware of your future if convicted. That is why he is diligent in practice and ensures protection for your legal rights.
Sexual Assault in Georgia
Georgia code 16-6-5.1 has it that sexual assault may be committed when an individual with disciplinary or supervisory authority over another engages in sexual assault such as
- …school principal, teacher or any other administrator engages in sexual contact with a student of the school.
- …an agent or employee of any county juvenile probation officer, community supervision office or department of juvenile justice engages in sexual contact with a parolee or probationer that is under the supervision of the office.
- …an employee of a hospital engages in sexual contact with a patient.
- …an employee of a law enforcement agency engages in sexual contact with a detainee.
- …an agent or employee of a juvenile facility, correctional facility, facility giving care or services to a disabled or a facility rendering child welfare or youth services engages in sexual contact with an individual who the offender knows is getting services from such facility.
Other Sex Crime Offenses
In addition to this, a psychotherapist has engaged in a sexual assault if they have sexual contact with an individual who seeks counseling from them.
Furthermore, an employee, agent, or volunteer at any licensed facility has engaged in a sexual assault if they have sexual contact with someone who is admitted and is receiving the facility’s services.
If an offender is convicted of sexual assault, they will be the subject of jail time of up to 25 years and above or a steep fine not exceeding $100,000 or both. However, if the conviction relates to sexual assault involving a child (usually under 16 years of age), the offender will be sentenced to prison time of at least 25 years to 50 years.
However, if at the time of the offense, the victim of the sexual assault is at least 14 years of age but not 16 years of age, and the offender is four years older than the victim, the act will be termed as a “misdemeanor.”
Other Offenses Amounting to Sex Crimes in Georgia
Other categories of sex crime where Tyler Moffitt may be able to represent you include but not limited to the following
- Sexual battery
- Child molestation
- Indecent exposure
- Children enticement for indecent purposes
- Public indecency
- Statutory rape
- Child pornography
Contact a Carrollton, Ga. Sex Crime Defense Attorney Today
Contact Tyler Moffitt today to discuss any issue under a sex crime charge today. Meanwhile, you have no time to waste. Consequently, acting earlier would go a long way in getting your freedom. He is available as needed to take your case. To schedule a consultation, call him at 762-212-3846.